Common Medical Myths About Foods and Nutrition
BY JUST EATING A BALANCED DIET
-This idea is too vague. A balanced diet for a fast oxidizer person (classified as an earlier stage of stress. Their adrenal and thyroid glands tend to be very active and burn their food faster. They will crave starches and sweets if they do not enough fats and oils with each meal). A balanced diet for a slow metabolizer (classified in a less healthful stage of stress called the exhaustion stage. Their digestive power is much lower and liver activity is usually more sluggish. Most do not handle fats and oils nearly as well as fastoxidizers. They do better on more protein, which stabilizes their abnormal oxidation rate and their blood sugar level. They can handle complex carbs and most vegetables).JUST COUNT CALORIES IF YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT
- Many overweight people wish it were this easy. It may work if the adrenal glands are functioning properly. Starving by reducing calories often just makes weight loss and restoring one's health more difficult later on.NUTRITIONAL THERAPY IS PROBABLY INEFFECTIVE BECAUSE THERE ARE NO DOUBLE-BLIND STUDIES
- This is totally false. How can a researcher disguise an apple or a beefsteak? How can a medical researcher disguise a sauna or a coffee enema? Also, each person is treated individually, so the only valid studies are those of general outcomes, not double blind which usually involve only one variable. The best studies are epidemiological or prospective and retrospective studies.DRUGS AND SURGERIES ARE BETTER THAN DIET OR SUPPLEMENTS FOR SERIOUS CONDITIONS
- This could not be more false. Drugs may be needed for some emergencies, at times, though not always. Nutritional balancing is for long-term, slow rebuilding of the body. This does not mean to abandon drugs, but natural and much less toxic alternatives are often better.FOOD ALONE IS ADEQUATE TO MEET OUR NUTRITIONAL NEEDS
- This 100 year oldallopathic and homeopathic idea is so incorrect that it is still taught in medical and healing schools. Today's food is so deficient in some nutrients that even eating very carefully rarely supplies all that our bodies require.JUST EAT THE FOUR FOOD GROUPS ACCORDING TO THE GOVERNMENT'S FOOD PYRAMID
. These are "dietetic" ideas that have little basis in fact or reality. In fact, they often lead to worse eating habits such as living on excessive starches.VITAMINS AND MINERALS ARE ONLY HELPFUL TO CORRECT DEFICIENCY DISEASES SUCH AS SCURVY
- This 100 year old allopathic concept is still taught in some medical schools and contains no truth at all. Anyone offering this advice has not researched the subject thoroughly.DIETS CAN CLEANSE THE BODY
- This is true, but only to a degree. A better way is that anything that enhances vitality will tend to cause the body to cleanse itself better. For example, a fruit diet, a fast or juicing may cause a cleansing of the intestines. However, fruit contains little sulfur and often slows the oxidation rate, causing more toxicity in the long run. Similarly, colon cleansing powders and drinks may relieve constipation, but are usually deficient in nutrients, so they upset body chemistry if used for any length of time. Balance the body by enhancing the energy level with saunas and enemas. Debra A. Bartz, M.S., AADP Certified Holistic Health Practitioner and Certified Master Transformational Life Coach and Hormone Trained Specialist. Transforming lives from nutritionally deprived into a body bursting with energy and believing that there is a purpose for each one of us to make a difference in our lives and others. Transform your stressed, tired and worn out body parts to those of a twenty year old. Please go to www.learnconquersoarcoaching.com and sign up for more blogs and newsletters. After signing up, you will receive a free gift towards your better life! This article was originally published at https://debbartz82.wordpress.com/2015/06/18/common-medical-myths-about-foods-and-nutrition/ and has been syndicated with permission.
balanced diet, cleansing, counting calories, Debra Bartz, Learn Conquer Soar Coaching, nutrition, vitamins and minerals, weigh, food, diet, medical, studies, drugs, year, trans, usually, balanced, stage, eating, nutritional
Please note: Expert must be credited by name when an article is reprinted in part or in full.
Share with your colleagues, friends or anyone