A Super Simple Guide to Podcasting
According to HubSpot in 2010, 45% of all Americans are aware of podcasting, while 23% of Americans listen to podcasts. This has increased from 11% in 2006. It is also estimated that 70 million people have listened to or viewed a podcast.
So there's a high likelihood that a fair number of your ideal prospects are familiar with podcasting and enjoy receiving information in this format. Of course, as with ALL marketing efforts, the key to success is to provide specific solutions to specific problems your audience is facing. This is what gets them engaged and keeps them coming back for more.
How can you use podcasting to attract more ideal clients and boost your income? Check out my quick start guide:
• What is podcasting? - Just like a blog allows you to update readers with regular articles, a podcast allows you to publish audio files that can be downloaded and listened to by others. When you publish a podcast to iTunes or another podcast service, you can allow your ideal prospects and clients to subscribe to your feed and get regular updates.
• How to set up your podcast - The easiest way to do this when you're starting from scratch is to use AudioAcrobat. This is a great all-inclusive service that will allow you to create and promote your podcast and host all of your audio files, video files, create testimonial hotlines, record calls and so much more! It can do all this for a measly $20/month. (A little birdie told me their price will be increasing soon, so check it out!)
• How to repurpose content to create podcasts - One of the best things about podcasting is that you can use content you already have to create new recordings. Podcasting is a terrific way to repurpose blog posts, articles, snippets of existing presentations and other content. The possibilities are endless! You can also interview guest experts, answer questions from readers and offer reviews of products and services with your podcast.
• How to promote your podcast - iTunes should be your first stop. Not only is it free to setup, but it's one of the most popular places to find podcasts which means you're opening yourself up to a bigger audience. Also, do a search for podcast directories and submit your podcast there as well. Don't forget to post it on your blog and promote via social media to maximize your visibility.
• Does podcasting really work? - Yes! Here's my success story: I have approximately 200 people listening to my content each week, in some cases I've had more than 400 people! I'm delivering valuable content in an appealing way to folks who would rather listen to me than read what I have to say. I'm attracting more traffic to my site and creating links to SSM all over the Internet. And this is all from about 15 minutes of work per week! It's built my list and created visibility for my work. With a podcast, I've opened up my business to a whole new audience.
Podcasting may seem technical at first, but it's easier than you think. The benefits greatly outweigh the small learning curve. When you add in the fact that you can use existing content to populate your podcast, it becomes a "no brainer" marketing activity with big benefits!
Sydni Craig-Hart, expert marketing consultant for service professionals, supports her clients in creating success - in both their businesses and lives. Known as "The Smart Simple Marketing Coach," the tech-savvy Sydni uses a results-focused, "how to" approach in implementing simple, customized strategies so service professionals create profitable businesses in which they enjoy the lifestyle they choose. To tap into Sydni's expertise, get your free Smart Simple Marketing Starter Kit at http://www.SmartSimpleMarketing.com.