5 Simple Steps to Growing Your Business With Gratitude
Though we live in a modern, fast paced society, spend a lot of time communicating via text message, email and social media, and are extremely pressed for time, there is NO substitute for grace and expressing your appreciation in business. This is especially true when it comes to thanking those individuals who support your business efforts. To honor the relationship and encourage ongoing referrals it's important that you make the time to stay in touch with them and offer a heartfelt thank you.
One of the reasons it can be challenging to do this, despite the best of intentions, is because service professionals are usually not nearly as organized as they should be with their marketing efforts. So, if thanking someone who has referred business to you or otherwise extended a helping hand in growing your business is not on your radar, it's not likely that you'll follow-up as you need to.
In order to develop and maintain these potentially lucrative relationships, it's important that you have systems in place to stay in touch. Here are a few tips on how you can do just that:
• Systematize your efforts: Send a monthly letter to your referral partners to let them know what's new in your business. Share a quick tip, articles from your blog, highlight any new services you're offering and let them know you're available to help them and their network.
• Be sure to promptly follow-up (within 48 hours) on ANY leads you receive. This will show off your professionalism and make it more likely for the new leads to hire you.
• Promptly send a thank you gift to the referrer to express your appreciation. Your sign of gratitude will go a long way to make a big impression with the referrer and likely encourage them to send more business your way.
• Spend at least 15 minutes each week referring business to someone else. You'll be seen as a Connector and will stay top of mind amongst your referral circle.
• Create a Power Partner circle by connecting with complementary service professionals and meeting weekly (or monthly) with the specific purpose of referring leads to one another. Since you help the same target market in different ways, you're not only helping each other but you're helping your clients as well.
Don't leave nurturing your referral partnerships to chance. Give it your focus and attention!
It's far too easy these days to forget about gratitude and kindness. You can set yourself apart from your colleagues by going the extra mile to stay in touch with your referral partners and showing your appreciation for the support they offer. You'll see the difference as your business grows by leaps and bounds!
Known as "The Smart Simple Marketing Coach," the tech-savvy Sydni uses a results-focused, "how to" approach in implementing simple, customized strategies so service professionals create profitable businesses in which they enjoy the lifestyle they choose.
Visit http://www.SmartSimpleMarketing.com for your FR*EE training course, "5 Simple Steps to More Clients, More Visibility and More Freedom" and apply for a FR*EE "Profit Breakthrough" session with Sydni!